Baby girl L-O-V-E-D pre-school. All of her entire 4 year old self L-O-V-E-D it! Get this, she's disappointed that she only goes 2 days a week. Who knew?! Let me tell you, during her day off yesterday she was bored, so bored. This staying home thing is for the birds. What was painfully obvious,.....she has totally outgrown staying home with Momma, no matter how cool I am. I just can't compete with the kids at school who are so much groovier than me. C'mon, they can have intelligent discussions about what Spongebob said to Patrick and why Barney never blinks his eyes.
Here's some photo's of baby girl this morning so excited to go to school!
This morning was completely different than the one on Tuesday. We were all so excited. When we got to our car to load in, I turned on the CD player and we all danced out to Kelly Clarkson in our driveway. The neighbor saw us and decided to come join the party. Nothing like dancing outside in your driveway. Pure and innocent joy. Babies with big dimples and hearty chuckles while their little legs spin them around. I know it was a moment that will be frozen like still frames in my mind. Still frames that I will recall when my babies are all grown. And I will be proud of the job I did and the time I spent with them.
Your comments on Tuesday really touched me. Hold that thought,..Ring of Fire by Cash just came on and I can't help myself but to get up and dance,...that's right. I can do anything. No one's here,..no diapers to change, channels to change, sippy cups to fill. Back in a minute,......
Burn Burn Burn,...in the ring of fire....I fell into a burning ring of fire...yadda yadda...
Ok, back now. Man that felt good. Anyway, you savvy Mommy's out there hit the nail on the head when you said spend some time with little man before he too walks the halls. I have to tell you I was starting to think it was time for baby #3. Now for those that know me personally, you know how out of character that is for me. Baby #3,...I don't think so! 3 kids in a shopping cart, 3 car seats, 3 bedtimes,...ummmm not on your life. BUT with the pre-school blues the impulse was beginning to take over. So what was first on my list today after Pre-School drop off,...the pharmacy. That's right. I'm weak,..very impulsive so let's just take some precaution's for my overacting hormones before we make this family of 4 a family of 5. I already have a adorable baby still home with me. It's time to start spending some 1 on 1 time with him! He's always had to share me with baby girl but not now! It's you and me kiddo.
My mind is racing with things I could do today. I could:
- Get the dusty sewing machine out and sew some of those adorable knot dresses that I oh so love. I have over 5 bins of vintage fabric from dear Grandma waiting for me to make some beautiful creations
- Do some digital scrap booking. Have you tried that? No,..you need to. Absolutely so much fun! Get creative!!
- Clean the house,...who are we kidding?
- Pull out the old guitar. Back in my hay day I was pretty good with a guitar singing my songs of peace and inspiration. There was once a time I thought I was going to grow up to be a singer/songwriter. For the last few years the only new songs I've created have been about learning to go potty. But the guitar still sits out in my office as I can't bring myself to actually put it away. It's calling to me,..."Hello you inspirational Goddess...let's change the world through music."
- Exercise...yeah, after I clean the house. Everyone hold their breath and tell my when pigs start to fly.
So here's to us and the new chapter in all our lives. Whatever chapter you're in we all share the same journey, just at different parts of the story. I hope all your stories have a happy ending and thank you for reading my story along with me.
Now I better hurry if I want to create an entire digital scrapbook and new wardrobe,...only 2 hours left before school lets out. A tad ambitious??? A girl can dream.I'll leave you with the kiddo's seeing butterflies out the window before we left for school.